On this page, you will find the most recent Ted Talk email from our pastor, Rev. Ted Goshorn. These are weekly emails that keep us all informed on the life of our church. This page will serve as a resource in case you have misplaced the email or just want to learn more about what is happening at Eastman First UMC.
To sign-up to receive these emails, please contact the church office at email@example.com.
September 21, 2020
- This Week
- New opportunity this week!
- Show your support for our healthcare workers and the Dodge County Hospital. They are continuing to work tirelessly under strenuous conditions. We’re looking to order yard signs that can be placed in front of your home and/or office saying our church supports our healthcare workers. We need the commitment of fifty signs ordered to place the order. If you’re interested, complete the order form here: https://forms.gle/5VdsMVHNsP8bGZ3aA Signs will be $6 each.
- Sign-up to volunteer at the Food Bank on October 16! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 478-374-4327 to be a part of this partnership.
- Interested in forming a House Church/Small Group to worship together? We already have one that’s full! Contact Ted to begin the process of forming a group: email@example.com
- The first one begins this Wednesday! Pray for this group focused on families with children as they begin to meet and worship together.
- Have you seen the plans for Fall 2020? Check out the new opportunities coming soon by visiting eastmanfirst.com/fall2020
- Worship with us on Facebook Sunday at 11am
- New opportunity this week!
- Acts of Piety
- Upper Rooms and Sunday School Curricula are available at the office. Stop by during office hours to pick up your copy!
- Acts of Service
- Ways to Give
- Your giving enables all the ministry you read here (and what you will read in weeks to come). Thank you for your giving and, as we end the year, consider making a one-time tax-deductible donation to our church. Together, we sustain our mission to bring “life and life abundant, through Christ, to Eastman and Dodge County.” Bring your check by the church office if you missed the offering plate this Sunday or donate here: paypal.me/eastmanshelter and note “offering” in the comments box
- Connectional News (Around the Annual Conference and Denomination)
- Giving Day for The Methodist Home is coming up! Learn more about this vital ministry of our Annual Conference by visiting their website and consider making a donation! https://www.themethodisthome.org
- The Magnolia Manor Golf Tournament is coming up on October 10! Sign-up by emailing the church office to learn more.
- The Wesley Glen Golf Tournament is coming up on November 2 of this year. It helps support another vital ministry of our Annual Conference; one that supports adults with developmental disabilities! Flyers can be picked up at the church office to sign-up. More information at their website: https://www.wesleyglenministries.com/golf
- Community News
- Prayer for the Week
- Holy God, where does our help come from? Our help comes from you, maker of heaven and earth. You will not allow our foot to slip, for you neither slumber nor sleep; you watch our comings and goings, both now and forever more.
- We pray:
- Ways to Pray
- For the Uplifters Prayer Team, who meets Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- For those on our prayer list (see link for list)
- Prayer List