Eastman First United Methodist Church seeks a lead vocalist and guitarist to lead the music at our 8:45 a.m. contemporary Arise Service.
This position will:
– Select music (generally three to four songs) fitting the week’s sermon and/or season in the Christian calendar
– Rehearse with the praise team weekly at a time to be determined by the incumbent and praise team
– Lead band and congregational singing on a weekly basis
– Be well versed in contemporary Christian worship music of the last twenty years
– Have a collaborative spirit and can-do attitude
– Be in relationship with Jesus Christ- Preferably be familiar with The United Methodist Church or a member of another UMC
– Be timely, courteous, and serve as an example for our church
– Reports to the pastor
– Requires eligibility to legally work in the United States
– Requires successful passing of a background check
– Is compensated commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a statement of interest, links to video recordings of performances of contemporary worship music, and a resume to Rev. Ted Goshorn, Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org.