Governor Brian Kemp’s ban on gatherings of people larger than 10 through April 6 means that we will remain closed through that date. The last post indicated through March 31, by order of our bishop. That means the office will remain closed and worship will remain online through Palm Sunday. It also means the following events are cancelled:
- Holy Cow, scheduled for April 1
- Youth, scheduled for April 1
- Joy Fellowship, scheduled for April 2
- Young Families gathering, scheduled for April 3
In the mean time, we have ramped up our resources online. Via Facebook, we are publishing the following with regularity:
- Worship, Sundays at 11am at least through April 5, 2020
- Prayers as we Pray our Way through COVID-19
- Bible Study Lessons on the Psalms
- Children’s Lessons like those given at Holy Cow
- Bed Time Stories with Leigh
- Opportunities for Community Service
- Blog posts from Ted about living life during this time
As you can see, there are many ways to stay involved with us during this time. If you think of other ways we can resource you and be the presence of Christ for you, your family, and our community, please let me know.
Let us be mindful in these days that perfect love casts out fear. We need not fear, for in this life and the next, our lives are held in God’s hand.
Peace to you and yours: