Mire Family Spinach Casserole
- 4 packs of frozen chopped spinach
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 2 boxes of chicken stock
- 2 pounds of bacon
- 1 pack of sliced provolone cheese
- 1 pack of shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil spinach in chicken stock until hot
- Chop bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and then brown in a large pan.
- When crisp, Remove bacon from pan. Leave some grease in the pan, it helps with flavor and holding the casserole together, but depending on the bacon, you may want to drain off some grease.
- Sauté chopped onions in bacon pan.
- When onions are soft and brown, combine bacon and onions.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, completely drain the chicken stock from the spinach.
- Combine spinach with bacon and onion mixture.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with PAM spray.
- Spread about 1/3 of the spinach mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with a thin layer of shredded mozzarella.
- Spread another 1/3 of the spinach mixture.
- Cover with a layer of sliced provolone cheese.
- Spread the remaining 1/3 of spinach mixture.
- Cover with a layer of shredded mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 25-30 minutes.
- If the cheese isn’t browned on top, broil for 2-5 minutes until browned.